Owning 2017: A Game Plan
2015 was shitty as fuck. 2016 taught me how to let go – of things, of people and of feelings. 2017 is going to be kickass because it is going to be the year when I rebuild myself. And this I am going to do one small step at a time. Nothing drastic, just tiny everyday things that make a difference to my sense of self and my happiness. 2017 is going to be about me.
- Write more. Yes, I am definitely going to write more. More books, more freelance work, more blog posts and more tweets.
- Toss out 80% of my wardrobe. They don’t fit, they don’t make me feel good about myself and they are around just because I don’t have the heart to throw them away. The same rules apply for people too.
- I’m going to pay attention to my health – both mental and physical – and I’m going to get fitter. No, I don’t want to lose weight or drop a dress size. I just want to build more strength and stamina. And I am so glad I have my buddies at #TwitterGetsFitter to egg me on.
- Some serious reading is about to happen. I haven’t been reading as much as I want to and should. I want to get back to it and make up for the lost time (and missed books)
- This blog is going to see more action. I love blogging but it always takes a backseat for one reason or another. I really want to get my writing habits back on track and blogging is going to be one small step in that direction.
- I have kept myself hidden in a cave for far too long. This year, I’m going to make more effort to meet people who mean something to me – old friends, close cousins, strangers I have never met. Having gone through a rough patch, I now know who deserves my love and who doesn’t, and I’m going to go out of my way to nurture those relationships because those people went out of their way for me. Since they are not too many in number, this shouldn’t be difficult to do.
- 2017 is the year when I will finally nail the winged eyeliner. Hopefully.
- I’m going to speak up. About issues, experiences, feelings and my opinion on things. I’m already at the far end of being expressive but I’m going to be more savage about it. If anyone has to run for cover, now might be a good time.
- I’m going to buy a lot more shoes. Sexy unpractical ones, in colors that don’t go with any of my dresses, and be completely unapologetic about it. I am also going to buy more dresses.
- At this moment, I am not itching to take off but it’s only a matter of time before the travel bug bites. I have promised myself one solo vacation every year. I had one last year too but it was too short.
- Here on, I pledge to wear only sexy underwear just because.